Sometimes when you want something to be true, it’s easy to over-analysis every detail or instance and wonder if perhaps your ex really wants you back. You have to be careful you don’t fall into this trap. Your ex might still have feelings for you, but not necessarrily do they want you back. So how can you really tell what they’re thinking?
Here are some signs and what they might mean:
- Your ex continues to keep in contact with you and initiate contact with you. Do not mistake this as times when they ‘have to’ out of obligation. This means they contact you for no reason just to chat and catch up.
- They are not seeing anyone new and are not planning on pursuing new relationships anytime soon.
- They are trying to better themselves, by visually changing their appearance to one they know you would like, or they are improving their personality or habit to appear more attractive to you.
- They are always sweet, nice and generous when they are around you. They want to offer you advice and help you whenever they can.
- They have spoken about the break up and pointed out their point of view about things that might have been misunderstood at the time. They also try to let you know how they would do things differently.
- They are flirtatious and possibly slightly flustered and nervous when you’re around them.
- They make an effort to spend time with you when you really need them.
- They talk of the future as if you’re going to be in it.
If most of these ring a bell with you, then they are still in love with you and continue to have hope there is a possible future with you. However, this does NOT necessarily mean they will get back with you if you asked them right then and there. If they did the breaking up, right now they are sending very mixed and confusing signals. If that is true then that would mean:
- They have mixed emotions. On the one hand they want to be with you but on the other, the problems that caused the break up in the first place still lingers in the back of their mind.
- They are waiting to see what you will do. In a way they are keeping an eye on you and testing you to see if you’ll change a certain behaviour or habit that caused the break up in the first place.
- They are ‘teasing you’. It could simply be an ego boast for them knowing that you want them. How can you really tell?
- They need more time and need to be single for now. Some people really DO need to take a break from a relationship, especially one that has been going well. They need this time to find out who they are on their own. This is extremely important. This is something they need to do to better their future relationships with anyone, whether it is you, someone else or simply with themselves. Be a friend for them and they will be ever grateful to you.
Make sure to check out: Is Your Ex Leading You On to make sure you’re not misintrepreting them wanting you back as them taking advantage of you.
Don’t wait to reunite, you may lose them forever, click here for the fastest method to win your ex back.